By using any of MDA’ registered websites (“Sites”), you are agreeing to be bound by this Policy in respect of the information collected about you via the Sites. You acknowledge and agree (on your own behalf and duly authorised on behalf of any third party whose details you supply) that the processing (including disclosure) of information is necessary or desirable for the provision of relevant services and the operation of MDA’s performance of its rights and obligations owed to you or the third party.
The references to information “relating to you” or “about you” include references to information about your employees, representatives, agents, directors, officers, or relevant parties whose details you have provided, and those of your affiliates and subsidiaries and sub-contractors, and those of any third party whose details you supply to MDA.
We work hard to respect and maintain personal privacy and accordingly align this policy with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (“PDPA”) when collecting, holding, processing or using personal data in Malaysia. We are equally committed in ensuring that all our employees and agents uphold these obligations.
Collection of Information
The information we collect depends upon your interaction with us. When you contact us with an inquiry via email or through our website, we collect the Personal Information necessary to respond to your request. If you choose to apply to become an MDA member, we collect the Personal Information necessary for us to complete your application, including payment card information necessary to process membership fees.
MDA collects personal information, such as :
- NRIC or passport No,
- Date of birth,
- City of birth, and country of birth,
- Postal address for clinics or home where applicable,
- Email address,
- Telephone No,
- Mobile No,
- The name of educational institutions attended,
- Year of graduation,
- Degree and post graduate qualifications,
- Professional positions,
- MDC No or equivalent,
- Student ID,
- Professional indemnity identity eg MPS No
MDA may also collect information about your use of the Website, including :
- technical information, such as the date and time you accessed the Website, your internet protocol address, browser name, computing device type, and
- service usage information, such as records and history about your interactions with our Website, demographic, geographic, and psychographic information, and any other feedback you choose to provide to us (“Browsing Information”).
Use of Information
Any of the information we collect from you may be used in one of the following ways:
- To personalise your experience (Your information helps us to better respond to your individual needs.) We use the Personal Information you provide us to respond to your inquiries, to complete your MDA membership application, administer MDA membership benefits and access to member-only pages on our Website.
- To improve our Sites (We continually strive to improve our offerings based on the information and feedback we receive from you.)
- To improve customer service (Your information helps us to more effectively respond to your customer service requests and support needs.)
- To process transactions. We use payment card information you provide us in conjunction with your membership enrolment and any other online transactions through our website to process payments for the applicable fees or dues.
- To administer contests, promotions, surveys and / or other features of the Sites
- To send periodic emails (The email address you provide may be used to send you information and updates on MDA’ conferences, seminars or events. If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails on the particular MDA’ event, we include detailed unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of each email.)
- We may also contact you by any means of communication for which you have given us contact details, including email, telephone, and post, for the purpose of getting your feedback or for providing you with information which we believe could be of interest to you or your organisation.
- On occasion, we may use third-party agents and service providers to assist us in the use of your data as outlined above. MDA shares Personal Information and Browsing Information we collect about you with third parties who perform services for us as part of the services we provide you through our Website. We use third parties to host our Website and data, send emails, print and send documents and mailings, process payment card transactions, and to analyse Website usage. We share Browsing Information with select third parties, including our Website analytics provider through internet cookies.
- On rare occasions, we may be required to disclose your Personal Information and/or Browsing Information to government authorities if we are forced to as required by law and as necessary to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process served on us.
- In the event that MDA, or substantially all of MDA’s assets are sold, or MDA reorganizes or merges into another organization, then customer information, including Personal Information would be transferred to the subsequent organization.
- We implement a variety of security measures to maintain the safety of your submitted information. All supplied credit card information is transmitted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology and then encrypted into our Payment gateway providers database only to be accessible by those authorised with special access rights to such systems.
- Your information will not be sold or given to any other third party person or company for any reason whatsoever, without your consent, other than the express purpose of delivering the product or service requested.
Cookies & Google Analytics
- All MDA sites use Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses “cookies”, which are text files placed on your computer to help the website analyse how users use the website.
Do Not Track
- There are several internet web browsers that offer a “do not track” option that relies upon technology known as a DNT header, which sends a signal to websites visited by a user about the user’s “do not track” preference setting. Our website service provider does not currently commit to responding to “do not track” signals from browsers as it pertains to the Website.
- Permission to film onsite at WISMA MDA or any other event venue hosted by MDA must be obtained and / or authorised prior to the event by Malaysian Dental Association (MDA). Please note that MDA reserves the absolute right to grant or deny permission to film and to determine the terms under which filming will be permitted.
Policy on Information Belonging to Minor Children
- We ask that you not send or otherwise disclose to us, any sensitive Personal Information, including any information related to your racial, ethnic origin, political opinion, religion, or other beliefs, sexual orientation, health or medical condition, or criminal background on or through the Website or in any communications you send to us.
Updating of Information
- We aim to keep our information about you as accurate as possible. If you would like to update your details, please contact us at [email protected].
Retention of Information
DATE: 1 JANUARY 2021